Thursday, April 15, 2010

Welcome!

Hello! Welcome to my new photography blog. I will use this place to show you creative ways to display your photos and wall art, share sessions and upcoming specials with you, and fun products that I carry now and others that I will be carrying soon (you will love them!).
One of my favorite things to do with photos, once they're printed out, is figure out how to creatively display them in my home. I love to buy fun clips and shadowboxes and unusual things to use to display my photos.
This girl (famous in the scrapbooking world. . .Elizabeth Kartchner) has a tutorial on unique wall displays using shadow boxes that I LOVE! It is worth a look if you have shadowboxes that you do not know how to use or fill. What a great way to use those photos and mementos.


Another unique way to display your fave mementos and photos is using a large picture frame. You can find these in thrift stores or garage sales or you may already have one laying around in the attic. They are fun to give makeovers with a fresh coat of paint, or you can leave them as is, which could add to the interest if they are distressed. Simply use eye screws and wire to make these and clip your items to the wire. You could also use a staple gun and ribbon as an alternative. Think outside the box. Here is some inspiration to get you goin'. . .

source


source


A hot trend right now are polaroid photos, polaroid photo frames. There is even a cute new camera called Instax, that is made by fuji. It prints out business card sized photos that resemble the polaroid. These are fun to creatively display around your home.

Here is another fun display using these by Elizabeth Kartchner!



Here is a fun photo wreath. . .

source


You may not even think to use things you already have around the house, but clipboards are another great way to display your favorite pictures or artwork.

source

source
Another display here!

Here are the polaroid frames -

You can find both the frames and the instax camera at Photojojo.
Inspiration is everywhere for these. Do a search on flickr, or browse through your favorite home decor catalogues (think Pottery Barn), scrapbooking websites are great resource for how to creatively display photos. My two favorite are this one and this one.
Have fun. . .and I'd love to see your wall displays or links to other fun ones! :)

3 comments:

Diann Hunt said...

You never cease to amaze me with your creativity! I'm so proud of you!

Abigail Rogers said...

I see that you are interested in photography! Perhaps you would enjoy my blog:

http://picturesofgreatbritain.blogspot.com/

I post pictures of glorious vistas of the countryside and interesting tidbits about Great Britain for the pleasure of photo-lovers everywhere! There’s also something special every Wednesday…. Have a look, maybe you’ll join the ever-growing list of followers!

P.S. I love these photo ideas!

The Code is the Code! said...

Katie Brown's got nothing on you!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop